They wrote about us: Video from the Tour Cycle program.
The first written historical reports on Valtice are known only at the turn of the 12th century, when this place was transferred from the possession of the Bishops of Passau to the power of the Seefeld family. The emblem issued in Regensburg was confirmed by Emperor Henry VI. In 1192, the passage by the bishop of Passau, Wolfkirchen, with Wichard of Seefeld - "major dapifer" - was the trumpeter of the Austrian Duke.
With this exchange Wolfker Wichard handed over the castle "Veldesperch" with 12 royal ropes, which formed about a larger part of the later town of Valtice.